Sunday, November 11, 2007

T/T Classes


This is the Brown Kindergarten class. They’re six in Korean years (which is English years is…. ??????? Why do they have different years anyway? Oh. Probably because they ate all the dogs, so they needed to put dog years somewhere). They are (L->R) Cindy, Kevin, Jade, Paul (who likes to hug me, but whose head falls exactly at bum/nads level, and who one day but his hands on his hips and announced “Whew! I’m fat!”), Alex, Lusia (who neither Naomi or I have heard talk – and between the two of us, we teach them 17 classes a week, I think), Lisa (who lives with her grandmother and has the most cracked out wardrobe ever – Barbie princess costume one day, bizarre grandma autumn dress the next… But only ever one shoelace), and Judy.


This is probably my least favorite class of them all. There was only one person I liked, but a girl from another one of my classes switched into this one, so now there are two. We’ve got (L->R) Jane, Big Sally (the one that I like), Amy, Annie, Kelly, Tom, Small Sally (and yes, Big Sally and Small Sally are they’re “official” English names, that’s what they’re registered as).


Wake Up 6B. This class I had so much trouble with that one time Henna made the bad kid bring ice cream to the good kids and me. Of whom there were 2. Now there are 3 good kids, though. We’ve got Emily (the only one who is actually smart), Paul, David, Jeremy, Jake, and Chris.


Playground 2. This is one of the smartest classes I have, and for some reason they move through the books at a snail’s pace. Playground 2, which is supposed to take 1 month, has taken them 3. Which is not pleasant for me. (L->R) John, Tim, Jane, Angela, Jay, Sally, Sue, Chris (who was registered one session as Christ, which has since provided me with quite a lot of glee… and made her hate me).


This class is Wake Up 3B. Yeah, they’re cute (whatev.), but they’re incredibly hard to deal with. We’ve got (L->R) Carl (the one with that mask on… he’s new), Andy, Jeth (who wears Uggs every day), Judy, Sally B, Sally A, Kevin (who, when we got another Kevin, told me he changed his name to Madonna Jackson), Laura (Kevin’s sister), and Helen.

And then there is probably the least interesting 40 minutes of my week. A 1:1 class with John. Who came half an hour late, even though all the other teachers are gone before this 1:1 starts (at it's regular time)... At least his mom brought me a sandwich...

No comments: