Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween at ECC

Ahh, ECC. It rarely gets a mention round these pages, and it barely deserves this one. But the peculiarities that emerge as we approach Halloween deserve at least a few words.

The decorations that the Korean kindy teachers put up around the school are INTENSE. There are about 12000 paper bats in the hallways, and sundry pumpkins, ghosts, vampires, and what-have-yous. There is also a giant poster of some red fellow (who I tell the kids looks “just like my Dad”), which stretches across one hallway, forcing me (and only me, of course) to duck under it every time I want to go down the hallway. Approximately 40 times a day.


These are my beloved foreign co-teachers. Their costumes are much more intense than mine was, because they all have kindy homerooms, whereas I only have one kindy class per day (and I teach Academy classes instead). They are
THE NINJA: Naomi
THE SOVIET: Danny
THE (HOOKER?): Amber
THE VAMPIRE: Brendan
THE SKELETON: Shaun
There’s also Ryan Teacher, but he’s not in this picture for some reason…


This is one of the classrooms’ Halloween decorations. I don’t have much to say about it, but its just too creepy not to include.

No comments: