Wednesday, November 21, 2007

THE BEYONCE EXPERIENCE

November 10, 2007.

Olympic Stadium, Seoul.

BEYONCE LIVE IN CONERT!!!!

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg

THE Beyonce graced Seoul with her presence for the first time ever (same weekend as Paris Hilton, nonetheless!), and I was there to experience it. And shout myself hoarse. In the weeks leading up to the night in question, I mocked the Yonce slightly “Yeah, I’m going to Beyonce, should be good for a laugh.” That kind of thing. Little did I know that it would pretty much be the best things I’ve ever seen in my life.

BBro and I arrived at the stadium good and early. Got our tickets. Got our glowsticks (they’re actually SuperJunior [a Korean boyband] glowsticks, but in our ecstacy, we didn’t notice, or care). Got in line. We saw the security guards searching people’s bags, and confiscating cameras, so I told BBro to hide hers in her pocket. Even though there were signs that said NO PICTURES, and angry security guards shining flashlights at people, we clearly weren’t going to NOT take pictures.

But before B even got on stage, there were photo opportunities galore! There were literally thousands of people out of their seats and surrounding this person. We thought they were looking at someone different than they actually were, and we were SO SURE that it was Paris Hilton. But alas, no.

But then finally—

BEYONCE!


Can I just say… I’m not her biggest fan by any means. But that lady can SING. She came on stage all slowly, dramatically, smokily, and then all this fire exploded behind her, and she started singing [Crazy In Love, probably my favorite jam of hers] and I started smiling, and neither of us stopped until 2 hours later.

And who knew, that I knew pretty much all of her songs, and especially the Destiny’s Child ones. Mind you, I don’t really know and of the words to her songs, as evidenced of the videos BBro has of Beyonce, with me shouting along in the background

TO THE LEFT!! TO THE LEFT!! DA DA DA DA DA DA DA DA DA DA DA!! BAAAAAAAAAAAABYYYYYY!!!

As evidenced hither, in my duet with Beyonce:


To contrast the fabulosity of Beyonce, we sat quite near a lady who, I’m still convinced, was Dame Judy Dench. I thought she seemed a little out of place, but you better believe that when Beyonce told all her Independent Women (part 1) to throw their hands up in the air, you better believe Dame Judy was waving them like she just didn’t care!

Beyonce’s band is all women, and they’re called Suga Mama, and they’re pretty much the best band I’ve ever heard. They totally pwned the stage. Ditto for her dancers. Ditto for everything about the show, really. Apparently I’m a big Beyonce fan, after all.

No comments: